When you run the Material Requirement Planning for a product ABC and a planning area XYZ, system generates Purchase Proposal instead of Production Proposal even though you have a valid Released Planning Production Model for the product ABC and a planning area XYZ.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supply Planning Work Center.
- Go to the Products View.
- In the field Show, select All Materials and search for the Product ID ABC and Planning Area XYZ.
- Select the Open button. The Product Planning details screen opens.
- Select the Run Planning -> Single BoM Level, you can see that system has generated the Purchase Proposal instead of Production Proposal.
In the product master data, as you have maintained the procurement type as External Procurement, that is why system has generated Purchase Proposal instead of Production Proposal.
If you would like the system to generate the Production Proposal, then you have to change the procurement type for the product in the product master data. The steps to be carried out are:
- Go to the Product Data Work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Select All Materials in the field Show and search for the Product ID ABC.
- Select the Product ID and select the Edit button.
- In the new opened window, select the View All button.
- Go to the Planning tab. Select the planning area XYZ.
- Under the Procurement section, in the field Procurement Type, select the option In-House production or Source of Supply Priority Rule from the drop down list according to your business requirement.
- Later perform Save.
KBA , production proposal not created , AP-PMM , Production Model Management , How To