While trying to release a time sheet you see that the system displays error message as displayed below.
Not all recorded time entries were released.
PO item obligatory for intercompany time recording
PO item for intercompany time recording could not be determined.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Home work center.
- Select the Self-Services Overview.
- Select the Edit Time Sheet link.
- Update the times and select the Release button and choose Release All.
- The system throws an error message as follows below
-Not all recorded time entries were released.
-PO item obligatory for intercompany time recording
-PO item for intercompany time recording could not be determined
Check if a sales order is created for an intercompany project or not.
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Select the projects view.
- Select the project.
- Select Edit button and select the Products and Purchasing
- Go to Sales Tracking tab check whether sales order is created for a project or not.
The error messages raised due to one of the following reasons:
- The employee's or service agent's company is different from the project's company, but you haven't create a purchase order for it.
- You have created the intercompany related purchase order, but the respective intercompany relavent Sales Order and intercompany project are not created automatically because the output channel for both Account and Supplier in their respective master data does not have the value Electronic Data Exchange (EDX) maintained.
- You have created the intercompany related purchase order, but it is not enabled for time recording.
- You have created the intercompany related purchase order, but it is fully delivered or the purchase order delivery is manually completed then purchase order will not be available for time recording.
Resolution for Cause 1:
Wehn the employee's or service agent's company is different from the project's company, a purchase order is required to do the project time recording against the buying company project. The intercompany company related sales order and intercompany settlement project should be created out of the same purchase order. Once the intercompany sales order is Open status and the intercompany project released status the Purchase order will default when the employee does a time recording.
When you create project purchase request. Once it is released, a purchase order will be created out of this purchase request. A purchase order is for buying the company to purchase service from intercompany company/selling company. Once the purchase order is ordered, this led to the creation of a sales order on the intercompany company/selling company. The sales order is for the intercompany company to sell service to the account of the company. As a normal system behavior, if all the setting is configured correctly, once the sales order is created, the system should also automatically create an intercompany project on the intercompany company/selling company side. Creation of sales order and subsequently the intercompany project is an automatic process. Once this intercompany project on the intercompany company/selling company side is created, then the service agent belong to intercompany project/selling company procured by buying company can record times on the task of the project of the buying company.
The document flow as follows:
Project -> Project Purchase Request -> Purchase Request -> Purchase Order -> Sales Order -> an Intercompany Project on intercompany project/selling company.
Note: if the sales order is created and the intercompany project is not created automatically out of the sales order due to some reason kindly create the intercompany project manually on intercompany company/selling company and make sure to release the Sales Order it should be in Open status.
Resolution for Cause 2:
In case of intercompany purchase order, the output of the purchase order should be XML. To ensure that Sales Order Confirmations and Customer Invoices will be sent via Internal EDX (XML communication) to Purchasing Company and purchasing orders will be sent via Internal EDX (XML communication) to supplying company. Please follow the below steps.
- Go to the Business Partner Data work center..
- Choose the Accounts view
- Search and Choose the Purchasing company XXX
- Choose Edit button
- Go to Communication -> Collaboration
- Here choose the Business Documents Sales Order Confirmation and Customer Invoice / Credit Memo mark the Output Channel as Internal EDX.
- Go to the Business Partner Data work center.
- Choose the Supplier view
- Search and Choose the Supplying company XXX
- Choose Edit button
- Go to Communication -> Collaboration
- Here choose the Business Documents Purchase Orders and mark the Output Channel as Internal EDX.
Resolution for Cause 3:
Steps to check the Purchase Order.
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Choose the Purchase Orders view.
- Find and choose the Purchase Order XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the PO).
- Choose Edit button.
- Go to Items tab.
- Choose the service assigned to the service agent.
- Here you can see the Time Recording Required field is enabled or not
If the purchase order is created out of project purchase request the Time Recording Required field will be enabled automatically, if the you are creating the standalone Purchase request and Purchase Order explicitly from the Purchase Requests and Orders work center you have to manual enable the Time Recording Required field. To record time, you need to enable time recording and have open quantity in the purchase order.
Resolution for Cause 4:
If delivery is completed you cannot do new time confirmations
If the delivery is manually finished then you can revoke the delivery completion and then create time recordings
Intercompany time recording, Intercompany company sales order, Intercompany company project, PO item obligatory , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To