- OLE object smaller in the PDF document.
- Size of OLE object reduces when export a report to PDF format from Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Adobe Acrobat document.
- In Crystal Reports, create a report and insert the PDF document as an OLE Object.
- To insert the same PDF as an OLE object in the Crystal Report: Un Crystal report click on 'Insert' -->'OLE Object' -->'Create from File'
- Browse the .pdf and insert it in any section of the report. It is shown correctly in the report Preview.
Notice the size of an OLE object will be reduced in the exported .pdf file.
- When exporting a report to PDF format, Crystal Reports uses the printer driver information, which can have slight difference in the output between what you see in Crysta Reports, verus what you see in the PDF document due to the printer driver.
- To avoid using the printer driver when exporting a report to PDF format from Crystal Reports, set the report to "No Printer"
- Open the report in Crystal Reports designer.
- Under the menu "File", select "Page Setup"
- In the "Page Setup" window, check the option "No printer"
No Printer, OLE, PDF, crystal reports , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016