- BLOB field displays as blank.
- Blob field containing text displays nothing in Crystal Reports.
- A database field defined in a database as a BLOB fields that contain text, or an excel file, or a word document,... display nothing, when inserted onto a report in Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source that contains at least one table with a BLOB field that contain text.
- Insert the BLOB field that that contain text on the report. ( Actually the BLOB field may contain text, Excel file, Word document, etc... )
- When refreshing the report, notice the BLOB field displays nothing.
- Crystal Reports associates BLOB fields with images. If something other than an image file is in the BLOB field, Crystal Reports shows the field as a blank.
- This behavior is by design.
BLOB field, Crystal report, blank data, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020