- In the CMC under Information Steward > Connections, one can create new connections, but you cannot change the connection string for an existing connection.
- Deleting and re-adding a connection with the correct DB string will invalidate all the tables, views, bindings that relate to that connection.
- Having used Promotion Manager to promote from one environment to another, when opening the connection in the CMC on the destination system and clicking "Test Connection" you receive the following:
Connection Error: Object of type Database_Connection named "name" does not exist. (COR-10552) (ADM-10008)
- SAP Information Steward 4.1
- SAP Information Steward 4.2
- Microsoft Windows Server (supported versions)
BOIS , IS , data base , DI , Data Insight , profiling , profile , edit , alter , recreate , db string , joliver , KBA , EIM-IS-SVR , Information Steward - Administration/Server , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.