You create an acquisition cost reducing document, such as a Supplier Credit Memo for a migrated capitalized Fixed Asset XYZ. Upon posting an error message appears: 'An error occurred during depreciation calculation for asset XYZ'. (XYZ represents the Fixed Asset ID).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoice work center.
- Navigate to the Invoices and Credit Memos view or choose New Credit Memo Without Purchase Order under Common Tasks.
- In the Items tab choose a Fixed Asset relevant product category.
- Link the credit memo to the Individual Material associated with Fixed Asset XYZ.
When accounting operational documents to migrated fixed assets it is essential that the acquisition cost have been imported and maintained for all defined valuation views for all sets of books. A credit memo will not post if this is not the case since its line items always relate to all valuation views.
Check the master data of Fixed Asset XYZ.
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Select Fixed Asset XYZ and choose Edit - Values.
- In the Book Values tab you find a table containing the Acquisition Cost for each maintained valuation view.
In case you did not migrate accurate acquisition costs for all valuation views of the fixed asset it is recommended to reverse the migration for the affected fixed asset.
- In the fixed asset's master data navigate to the Migration tab.
- Make a note of the initially migrated valuation views, amounts and columns.
- Choose the Reverse Migration button.
- After confirming a pop-up dialog enter and save the accurate acquisition cost in the relevant columns for all defined sets of books and valuation views.
It should now be possible to post the Operational document.
Error Occurred During Depreciation Calculation For Asset; Supplier Credit Memo , KBA , valuation view , depreciation calculation , fixed asset , migrated , credit memo , an error occured during depreciation , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To