You create a calculated key figure but cannot add this key figure to a report. You receive a dump or error message when editing the report and adding the key figure.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center, view Design Reports.
- Open your custom report by clicking on Edit with > Report Wizard.
- Go to the Select Key Figures tab and click the Create button.
- On the next screen, provide the name and description of your key figure.
- By default, Calculated Key Figure will be selected.
- Click the Next button and maintain a formula here. Complete the key figure.
- Go back to the Select Key Figures tab in the report wizard and add the key figure you have just created to the report.
You will see an error message, such as:
System error in program SAPLRRI2 and form CHECK_MAX_MEMMERS-01-.
Other errors are possible.
This report reached the maximum members of 1000 components. An example of a report component would be a key figure, a formula step, a restriction of a selection variable etc.
In most cases, such a scenario occurs when you create very complex key figures. For example: You create a calculated key figure whose calculation uses 10 more custom key figures. If you check each of these 10 key figures, they in turn are calculations, using other custom key figures etc.
The setup of your key figure can be checked by following these steps:
- Open the report in the report wizard as above.
- Go to the Select Key Figures tab.
- Select the customer created key figure and click the Edit button.
- On the next screen, click the Next button and count the key figures used in the formula.
- Repeat the same for all the key figure structures for both calculated and restricted key figures.
It is not possible to have more than 1000 key figure structures per report. Please make use of one or more of the following options:
- You can split the report in two or more reports and distribute the key figures between the sub-reports.
- Check if all key figures added to the report are actually required. Remove all unnecessary elements.
- Check the modeling of each of the used key figures. Is the modeling as brief and simple as possible? Remove all unnecessary steps / elements / calculations.
report, key figure, 1000, key figure limit, exception, MESSAGE_TYPE_X_TEXT, CX_FATAL_EXCEPTION, dump, error message, crash, SAPLRRI2, CHECK_MAX_MEMMERS-01 , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To