- Unable to create a dashboard with a connection to a BEx query including a SAP-Exit variable
- A blank variable screen is displayed with an infinite loop of searching
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 SP5
- BW 7.0 Ehp1 SP12
Reproducing the Issue
- In query designer, create a bex query and call the SAP-Exit variable 0I_CCMMR by restricting a dimension
- Save the query
- Create a BICS connection to your BW system
- Log on to Dashboard design
- Click on Query Browser then on add query
- Select Bex as a data source
- Select the BICS connection then your Bex query
- Select some objects and run the query
- The variable screen displays
- When clicking to specify Monthly interval, blank screen is displayed with an infinite loop of searching
Problem doesn’t occur in Web intelligence
A BEx Variable which is configured as "ready for input" requires a "Manual Input" which SAP BusinessObjects Dashboard does not support.
- The variable must be placed in the characteristic restrictions and not default values.
- For the variable details, the variable should be 'Optional' and the checkbox for 'Variable is Ready for Input' should be unchecked.
SAP-Exit, SAP Exit, variable screen, blank, dashboard, infinite loop , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem