Customer Information field added at the header level of the sales order is getting Transferred to the each item in the sales order. Here you expect that the field should only be available at the header level of the customer invoice as in the sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Show All Orders and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales order).
- Edit the sales order XYZ and select the View All tab.
- Go the General tab.
- You can find the Customer Information field is available here (i. e. at header level of the sales order).
- Now go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Show All Invoice Documents and Find ABC (ABC is the ID of the customer invoice created for the sales order XYZ).
- Edit the customer invoice ABC and select the View All button.
- Go to the General tab, you cannot find the Customer Information field added at the sales order header.
- Go to the Items tab, you can find that the Customer Information added for the first item.
This is the designed behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign system.
The text field Customer Information gets filled if more than one invoice request with a note on the header is combined into one invoice. Then basically the header text from the invoice request is copied to each corresponding item and stored in the text field Customer Information. This design is implemented since the header texts should not be merged and cannot be stored differently.
If you do not want this then you need to remove the text from the header level before starting the invoice process. Alternatively you could create two invoices instead of one.
KBA , customer information (inherited) , inherited , AP-ODP-ODR , Outbound Delivery Request , How To