- Reports are inactive.
- Reports saved to SAP BW are in the inactive status.
- Why reports based off SAP BW BEx query that are saved from Crystal Reports to the SAP BW System are in the status: inactive?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off an SAP BW BEx Query.
- Save the report to the SAP BW System, by selecting “Save Report As..” under the menu “SAP”
- In the window “Save a Crystal Reports to BW”, select the Role where you will like to save the report.
- Then type a name for the report, and click the “Save” button.
- To view the status in which the report are saved in on the SAP BW System:
- Login to the SAP BW System.
- Type transaction: SE38
- In the ABAP Editor window, enter the program: RSCR_ADMIN_REPORTS
- Click “Execute”
- Enter the Role where the report was saved to.
- Click on “Execute”
- It displays the report saved to SAP BW System with the status “Inactive”
- Reports displays as Inactive when they are saved to SAP BW from Crystal Reports, but are not published to BusinessObjects Enterprise using the SAP BW Publisher.
- The reports are not active because they cannot be viewed until published to BsuinessObjects Enterprise, as it is the tool that can execute and view the reports.
- For the report to display in the Active status, publish the reports to BusinessObjects Enterprise using the SAP BW Publisher.
- For more information on the SAP BW Publisher installation, configuration, and how to use it, see the document found on the SAP Help Portal:
SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Integration for SAP Solutions Installation and Administration Guide.
- Note: The Content Administration Workbench ( Transaction: /Crystal/rptadmin ) is the tool that uses the SAP BW Publisher to publish reports saved to SAP BW to BusinessObjects Enterprise, it will display the same information in regards to showing active and inactive reports that are saved to SAP BW, by using traffic lights.
- Green: Reports published to BusinessObjects Enterprise using the SAP BW Publisher.
- Yellow: Reports saved to SAP BW System, but not yet published to the BusinessObjects Enterprise.
- Red: Indicate there is an error.
INA, CR, SAPBW, Transports , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016