When you migrate Bills of Material using the migration tool, you receive the error:
No released item change state assigned to variant X
where X represents the Variant ID
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Implementation Projects view
- Select the project and open activity list
- Open activity Migration of Bills of Material
- Select the link Migrate bills of material using the migration tool
- Select file and execute migration
- System throws the mentioned error
The engineering change order mentioned in the migration file is in status In Process instead of Completed in ByDesign system.
You have to set the status of Engineering Change Order (ECO) to Completed before you migrate Bills of Materials.
- Go to Planning and Production Master Data work center
- Go to Engineering Change Order view
- Show Single Date Order in the drop-down menu
- Search for Engineering Change Order ID
- Select button Edit
- Select button Change Status->Completed
- Save and Close
Now you can proceed with the migration activity.
Bills of Materials, Migration, Engineering Change Order, ECO, Variant, Planning and Production Master Data , KBA , engineering change order , migration , bills of materials , variant , planning and production master data , eco , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To