- Unable to edit the query of migrated Crystal reports
- Cannot use the .qry files as data source in Crystal Reports 2008 and above
Crystal Reports 2008 and above.
The use of .qry file is depricated from Crystal Reports 2008 onwards. There is no option to create a qry file or to use it as a datasource.
- Use the same query from Crystal query designer and create a new report
using command object as datasource.
- To use the same report or retaining the formatting try one of the
- Open the existing report in higher version and repoint it to the new datasource (command object based on the query from .qry file) using set datasource location option in Crystal Reports
Second option would be
- Save the existing .qry based report as a template and use it to create a new report using command object
as datasource. This command object will use the same query from .qry file
Note: Command object can use the same query from the query designer until its syntax are supported with Crystal Reports.
migration, upgrade, CR, CR2008, CR2011, CRXIR2, query designer, , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem