For a product you have Demand in a planning area and so a Total Net Requirement above zero. However, when you execute Material Planning, the MRP run is not creating any Planning Proposals.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supply Planning work center.
- Select the Products view.
- Find and select the relevant Product.
- Click the Open.
- In the Product Planning Details screen, you can see that there is Demand.
- Select 'Run Planning' and then either 'Single BoM Level' or 'Multi BoM Level'.
- System does not show any error message but also does not create any proposal against the Demand.
In the product master data under Planning, you have maintained as 'Consumption Based Planning' with the 'Reorder Point Quantity' as XX (XX refers to Quantity). So MRP will create planning proposal only when stock reaches below the reorder point. Currently, stock is above the reorder point, that is why MRP is not generating any proposals. Please note that in Consumption Based Planning, demands like sales order, dependent demand, forecast demand etc. are not considered.
System is not creating any purchase proposals as the On-hand stock or Available Stock is greater than the Reorder point quantity.
Note: System creates receipts if the On-hand stock plus the fixed receipts is below a threshold quantity (Reorder point quantity).
Consumption Based Planning, Reorder Point Quantity, MRP RUN, Planning Procedure, Total Net Requirement , KBA , reorder point quantity , consumption based planning , planning procedure , mrp run , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To