- Error creating report off HANA.
- Unable to create a report using an OLE DB Provider to HANA in Crystal Reports.
- In Crystal Reports, when creating a report off HANA using the SAP HANA MDX Provider, it fails with the error:
Details: ADO Error Code: 0x800a0cd3
Description: Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation."
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the "Database Expert", select the OLE DB(ADO) connection.
- In the "OLE DB(ADO) window, select the OLE DB Provider: SAP HANA MDX Provider
- Enter the HANA Connection Information, and click "Finish"
- It displays the error:
- The SAP HANA MDX Provider for OLE DB is not supported with Crystal Reports.
- To connect to HANA in Crystal Reports, use the one of the following supported connection type:
- For reference on how to connect via an ODBC or JDBC connection to HANA in Crystal Reports, see the following SAP Knowledge Base Articles:
CR, OLEDB Provider , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016