- Command object field within text object randomly replaced with another field after saving the report
- The format text dialog of the text object has "Can grow" box disabled
Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Create Command object report
- Add some fields to the report
- Copy one of the field headings to another section of the report
- Double-click to edit it
- Drag and drop a field to the text object
- Save the report
- Reopen the report and it may show incorrect field
Field Heading is not a simple Text object with field name, it is an object linked to the original field - if you remove the field, then the heading will be removed automatically. It is better be used for the main purpose only - field heading.
Use Text object (not Field Heading object) to edit text and insert fields.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem