Custom column width resets the formatting applied to the columns in Xcelsius 2008 and Dashboard Design 4.0
- Dashboard Design 4.0
- Xcelsius 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a dashboard containing a scorecard components having multiple columns
- Go to Appearance-->Text in the Scorecard components properties
- Apply the formatting that you wish to
- Now change the column width of the scorecard to accommodate the formatting changes made to the data in the columns
- The formatting disappears after setting the custom column width
The behavior exhibited by the scorecard component is by design
- This issue was logged as a bug tracked under ADAPT01434347 . However , this is how the component is suppose to work .
- The Release Notes for Dashboard Design 4.0 mention this behavior as follows:
"For Scorecard and List View, after working with the Configure Column panel in the General tab, the number format of Labels set by th
e user in the "Appearance > Text" tab may be lost if the user changes any number format after Excel data binding. The number format
may reset to the default format based on the current Excel binding. The user needs to set the number format again manually."
Scorecard , formatting disappears , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem