How to define party roles for Leads or Opportunities.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
This applies to both Leads and Opportunities. We will use Leads as an example:
- Go to the Marketing work center.
- Go to the Leads view.
- Show All Leads and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the lead).
- Edit the lead XYZ.
- Select the View All button and go to the Involved Parties tab.
- Select the drop down for the Party Role.
You want to add the customized party roles here.
The customized party roles can be added in the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the button Open Activity List.
- Search for the activity Leads if you want to add the customized party to Leads or the activity Opportunities if you want to add the customized party to Opportunities.
- Open both the respective fine tuning activity.
- You can find Maintain Involved Parties link where determination of parties can be maintained.
Also Sales Unit party determination depends upon the work distribution rule maintained in the Business ByDesign system:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select the Work Distribution view.
- Select the Organizational Work Distribution subview.
- For Sales (Opportunity, Sales Order): Define rule under Sales Unit for Sales and for Leads: Define rule under Marketing Unit for Leads.
Party Role; Involved Parties; Opportunity; Lead , KBA , AP-OP-OP , Opportunity , AP-LP-LEA , Lead , How To