You want the extension field to dynamically pick the value based on the selection of the value of another extension field.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Search for the customer invoice XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the customer invoice).
- Edit the customer invoice XYZ and select the View All button.
- Go to the General tab where you have created two extension fields ABC and DEF (ABC and DEF represents the IDs of the extension field).
- The values in both the fields will be selected from the drop-down created.
Note: This scenario is also applicable for the other SAP Business ByDesign screens like Sales Quotes, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Supplier Invoice etc.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
To request a change in the existing behaviour you can consult KBA 2531827 - Functionality Currently not Available
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To