- No calendar available to enter a date in Crystal Reports.
- Date prompt displays as text in Crystal Reports.
- BEx Query date variable are converted to a string parameter in Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In BEx Query Designer, create a BEx Query and add a date variable in the filters.
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off the BEx Query that use a date variable.
- When refreshing the report in Crystal Reports, it prompts for the date, but there is no calendar available to enter the date, you have to type the date manually.
- When reporting off an SAP BEx Query in Crystal Reports, for each date variable, it will create a string parameter, and since it is a string there is no calendar to enter a date when being prompted by the parameter in Crystal Reports. This is unfortunately normal behavior.
- There is unfortunately no workaround in Crystal Reports to display a date calendar to enter a value for a date variable.
- This functionality already exist in Crystal Reports for Enterprise but not in Crystal Reports. When reporting off a BEx Query that contains date variables in Crystal Reports for Enterprise, it does displays a calendar for date variable value selection, therefore a suggestion could be to use Crystal Reports for Enterprise.
CR, date , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016