- Error: Not a valid query. (FWB 00025).
- When attempting to displays the next batch of objects, it sometimes generates an error.
- In Crystal Reports, when attempting to open a report and browsing the BusinessObjects Enterprise directory, it generates the error: Not a valid query. (FWB 00025).
Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu “File”, select “Open”.
- In the “Open” window, select “Enterprise” on the left side, and logon to BusinessObjects Enterprise.
- This error occurs only when the last folder displayed in the "Open" window contains special characters, like the apostrophe character.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01672642.
- The issue is resolved in the following product updates:
- Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 5.5
- Fix Pack 6.1
- Service Pack 7
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 01
- If you cannot apply the above product updates, then to workaround the issue, remove the special characters from the BusinessObjects Enterprise folder names.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed