When entering an account name or account id in a sales document such as a credit memo, the account is not displayed in the result list and also not in the result list of the value help.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
The issue occurs in all sales documents. We will use a credit memo as an example.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select New Manual Credit Memo from the Common Tasks.
- In the Name field for the account enter ABC (ABC represents the ID of the account).
The result list displays: No records found
- Select the Value Help in this field.
- Enter ABC and press the Go button.
The result list displays: 'No records found'.
You would expect this account to be displayed since it has been maintained in the account master data and has been also activated.
The issue occurs because the indicator for Legal Competence has not been activated for this account.
This indicator indicates that the business partner is a legal entity from a financial point of view and therefore is able to enter into a contractual agreement. If this indicator is not activated, the account is not allowed to act as a buyer from a legal point of view, which means that financial booking would be incorrect and therefore it does not appear in the result lists.
Please also find the help document Party Processing for further details in your Help Center.
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Show All Accounts and open account ABC (ABC represents the ID of the account).
- Press the View All button and navigate to the General tab.
- Activate the indicator for the field Legal Competence.
The account will now appear in the result list of your sales document.
Account; not displayed; does not show , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , AP-BP-CUS , BusinessByDesign: Customer , How To