There are two issues that exist wrt Keydate prompts in Web reports that are built on a universe that is connected to a BEx query:
- Webi doesn't allow for the "Default" value to be selected for a Keydate in the "Set Variables" window in the Query Panel when the Webi report is built on a universe that is connected to a BEx query.
- When the "Use the default date for all queries" option is selected for the Keydate properties, the value is not saved after slecting this value.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0 Patch 7.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a BW query that contains a keydate prompt and a default value.
- In the Universe Designer, create a universe based on this BW query.
- In the WebIntelligence Rich Client or the Rich Internet Application, create a new report based on this universe.
- Drag an object over to the Result Objects window.
- Click on the Set Variables button and observe the keydate prompt is listed and set as Default, however the OK button is greyed out and not selectable.
- Click cancel to exit out of this window.
- Click Run query to refresh the report. Observe the keydate prompt appears, even though the Set Variable window shows it set to “Default”.
- Select any date and the report will refresh.
- Click on the Data Access tab, then the Keydates button. Observe the “Set date for all queries” option is selected.
- Select the option Use the default date for all queries and click Ok.
- Click on the Keydate button again and observe the setting was not saved.
This issue has been logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01678393.
- This issue will be fixed in a future support pack or patch.
- This issue doesn't cocur when the Webi report is connected to the BEx query through a BICs connection so a workaround is to connect through a BICs connection as opposed to through a universe.
bug, defect, ADAPT01678393, ADAPT, 01678393, 1678393, key, date, defaulting, scheduling, queries, prompting, TE5000463764, 5000463764 , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Bug Filed