- The SAP AS ABAP Kernel or a tool like tp, R3trans, sapdbctrl etc. tries to connect to SAP Sybase ASE database server of an SAP system but it fails to establish a connection with one of the following error messages:
- Could not load SYB library sybdrvodb64.dll
- Could not load SYB library libsybdrvodb.so. No database connection possible.
- ODBC driver for Sybase Adaptive Server is not installed.
- The error can also be returned during product installation in the dev_sapinst.log and saplikey.log:
saplikey: failed to connect to the database.
Could not load SYB library libsybdrvodb.so. No database connection possible.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0 for Business Suite (BS) or Business Warehouse (BW)
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
- SAP Solution Manager (SOLMAN) - All versions
Technisches Monitoring, Systemverfügbarkeit, Solution Manager, SAP Host Agent, sybdrvodb64, libsybdrvodb, ODBC, DBCLIENT, saplikey, , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.