You had validated the materials and planned in the project. However planned costs for materials is showing as zero in the report Project Cost and Revenue by Project Structure under Project Management work center.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Reports view.
- Select the report Project Cost and Revenue by Project Structure.
- Select the relevant Project.
- Drag the key figure Product.
- You can see that system lists out few products where planned costs appears as Zero.
Material cost planning in the report is wrong because the system cannot find a price for this material. This is a brand new system and we could not find any Purchase Orders, Contracts or List Price exist so far in the system
Note: Planned Costs for a material included in a project are calculated based on the following ways;
- Material price is taken from a Purchase Order which contains this material & has been raised against this Project Task.
- If this project task does NOT have any purchase order raised against it, then the price is taken from any Purchase Order which contains this material.
- If no such Purchase Order exists, the price is copied from any Contract which contains this Material. Contracts can be seen in the Sourcing & Contracting work center.
- If no such Contract exists, the price is copied from the List Price. This can also be maintained from the Sourcing & Contracting work center.
We would suggest you to create a dummy contract from the Sourcing & Contracting work center & maintain the price of all the materials included in this project. Please ensure that the contract starts on/before the Project Start Date. We would not advise trying to maintain a List Price now since prices cannot be maintained from a past date in this. Once this contract is maintained, valuation of this project can be triggered from the Cost & Revenue work center under the Projects View. The planned costs for these materials will be calculated successfully.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To