- No list of values.
- Parameter prompts with no place to enter a value, and no choice of values to select from.
- When attempting to create or refresh a report based off a Universe in Crystal Reports, no list of values displays for date prompt.
- Creating a report off the same Universe in Crystal Reports 2008 displays a list of values for the date prompt.
- In Crystal Reports 2011, or 2013, when creating a report off a Universe and adding a Filter in the Query Panel, it displays list of values for most prompts, except some date prompts.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Universe Designer, create a Universe off any data source that contains date fields.
- Create a dimension for a date database field.
- Set the list of values for the date dimension to display multiple columns of information. ( Example: Date and Holidays Name )
- Save and export the Universe to the BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform repository.
- In Crystal Reports 2011, create a report off the Universe.
- In the Query Panel, create a filter off the date dimension that prompt the user with a list of values.
- When refreshing the report, it prompts for the date without any List of Values, and with no place to manually enter a value.
- This issue only occurs when a report is based off a Universe and a prompt is added in the Query Panel that meets the following conditions:
- Prompt for a date with a List of Values.
- The List of Values is defined in the Universe to displays multiple objects. ( Example: Date and Holiday Name )
- And the prompt is set to only allow user to select from the List of Values.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01676753.
- The issue is resolved in the following product updates and above:
- Crystal Reports 2011:
- Support Pack 07
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 02
- Note: If you cannot apply the above product update for some time, then to workaround this issue, modify the date dimension in the Universe to only output a single object for the List of Values.
CR, LOV , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013