The purchasing unit descriptions are being wrongly retrieved when you create a purchase order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select the New Purchase Order common task.
- Click on the Purchase Unit selection button.
- Verify that your purchase units have the wrong descriptions compared to their org units descriptions.
The reported issue occurs because the related parties' IDs are so called "twin objects". Whenever a company is created automatically, a business partner (customer/supplier role) is created in the background and the data from the company/org structure (name, address, IDs, etc.) are copied to this business partner. If the data is changed afterwards, there is no synchronization between the org unit and the business partner anymore.
The source for the business partner name fields (which are copied to the Purchase Order description) are the fields maintained in the Organizational Management work center (on the Address tab). Follow the steps below to verify:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center
- Go to the Org Structures view
- Select each one of the affected org units and click on Edit
- Navigate to its Addresses tab
You can change the information there directly, but in order to ensure the information will be synchronized in the future, please change the data located on the Business Partner Data work center:
- Go to the Business Partner Data work center
- Go to the Business Partner view
- Search for each affected unit and click on Edit > General
- Change the Business Partner Name field to the correct name
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To