You get an error message in the sales order: Party with role Sales Employee missing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Show All Orders and search for the Sales Order ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales order).
- Click the Edit button of the selected Sales Order.
- Error appears: Party with role Sales Employee missing.
In the Business Configuration activity Involved Parties for Sales, you have marked Sales Employee as mandatory. The determination is maintained as Logged in user, that means sales employee will get determined automatically same as logged in user. But in this case the determination step is not active.
If the step is not active, user has to manually enter the party in the sales order.
Steps to check the Business Configuration activity:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Open Activity List button.
- Go to the Fine Tune step.
- Search for the activity Involved Parties for Sales Orders.
- Open the activity.
- Select Sales Employee -> Select Maintain Determination button.
- The party role Sales Employee determination is based on Logged on User, but this is not active (active column is not ticked).
You have to create a Change Project and activate the rule for Sales Employee determination is based on Logged on User in the Involved Parties for Sales Orders activity.
You can check below Help Documents for assistance in creating a change project:
- Prepare a Change Project.
- Implementing a Project — Change Projects.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To