Error occurs while trying to release the Customer Demand: Release of order is not possible; Sales Order XYZ, Position XXX is blocked.
- XYZ represents the ID of the sales order.
- XXX represents the line item sequence number.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Go to the Customer Demand view.
- Search for the Customer Demand XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Customer Demand).
- Select the Customer Demand XYZ and click on the Release button.
- Error occurs stating: Release of order is not possible; Sales Order XYZ, Position XXX is blocked.
- Also the Customer Demand shows Delivery Block, though the delivery block has not been set in the Sales Order or Account.
Delivery Block is set on the Customer Demand because you have selected Credit Card as a Payment Method in the Sales Order which requires authorization. Once the credit card authorization is done, the delivery block will be removed from the Customer Demand.
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Select the Check Authorization button.
- Save the order.
- This will authorize the credit card and remove the delivery block.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To