The Cancelation of a customer invoice is allowed without the cancelation of the related financial documents.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoicing Documents view.
- Show All Documents and search for the ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the customer invoice).
- Select the invoice XYZ and click the Cancel button.
- The invoice gets canceled though their are related financial documents already available in the system.
You expect that the system should through an error message while canceling the invoice if their are related financial documents (e. g. Payment) available.
If the cleared invoice is canceled, a new journal entry is created in financials with the negative amount and an Invoice Reversal document is created. It is then left to the financial clerk to settle the payments. There is no automatic way of communicating the cancelation of an invoice to financials. So, if the user has by mistake canceled an invoice then he can communicate this via e-mail to financial clerk to repost the items. We do not prevent any user from cancelling an invoice document but only show warning message. It is not possible to check the clearing status before canceling an invoice.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To