You are Unable to Release/Activate the Service Catalog and get below error message:
Conflict between catalog XYZ (version 1) and catalog ABC (version 1). There is a usage conflict between the specified catalogs. Therefore, you cannot release this catalog (XYZ and ABC represents the ID of the catalogs).
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Entitlements work center.
- Go to the Service Categories view.
- Search for the service category ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the service catalog).
- Edit the service category ID XYZ and select the View All button.
- Go to the Catalog Structure tab.
- Select a line and then choose the Change Status button and select Release.
- Error occurs: Conflict between catalog XYZ (version 1) and catalog ABC (version 1). There is a usage conflict between the specified catalogs. Therefore you cannot release this catalog (XYZ and ABC represents the ID of the catalogs).
The error message is raised due to the overlapping of the validity dates of the category ABC & other categories.
For the category ABC -> You have selected the validity date range as 01.01.2012 - 31.12.9999.
Now if you try to release any other service category with the above range, the system will throw error message due to overlap.
This is the expected behavior of the system. Additionally, if you intend to create more than one category then it is advisable not to keep valid to date unlimited (i.e. XX-YY-9999).
Catalogs that have already been released and are in use cannot be deleted or modified. To remove the catalog from use, create a new version of the catalog, limit the valid-to date to todays's date, and release it.
For C4C, Kindly refer the SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer Administrator Guide - Configurin Service Categories for more details.
Service Catalog, Service Catalogue, Release, Activate , KBA , activate service catalog , service catalog , release , activate , service entitlements , validity date conflict with catalog id , release not possible , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To