You get the error message VAT ID for ABC (where ABC is the corporate account) missing in document XYZ (where XYZ is the type of the document) of type Payment while creating an EC Sales List Run.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Tax Management work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks view.
- Go to the EC Sales List Runs subview.
- Perform the action New to create a new Run.
- Enter the relevant information and Save and Close. This will take you back to the EC Sales List Runs screen.
- Select the Run and perform the action Schedule.
You get the error message: 'VAT ID for ABC missing in document XYZ of type Payment'.
You have not maintained the VAT Registration Number for the Corporate Account ABC.
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Select the corporate account ABC.
- Press Edit Financial Data and navigate to the tab Tax Data.
- Here you have to maintain a valid VAT Registration Number.
- Perform the EC Sales List Run again.
Note - If the Open Items receivables from where the tax is going to be collected are migrated open items, there is no possibility to Edit those open items. If you want to change these items, the only way forward is to reverse the documents and migrate them again.
VAT ID; Sales list run; VAT registration number , KBA , vat registration number , vat id , migrated open items , ec sales run , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To