- You run the Project Cost and revenue by Project report with a specific selection.
- You notice that some row attributes, such as Project, Project task and Project Status display Not Assigned (#) although the respective key figures, like ITD Planned Cost/ Revenue, ITD Incurred Cost and ITD Incurred Cost Variance, are showing some amounts.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Project Cost and Revenue by Project (ID FINCACU04_Q0003) report, for example from the Business Analytics work center, in the Design Reports view.
- From the variable selection enter the mandatory fields, such as Company, Set of Books, Accounting Period/Year.
- In the Project Status selection field remove all values or choose # - Not Assigned.
- Choose the Attributes which you would like to check, such as Project, Project Task, Project Status, or even Business Transaction, Customer.
- Choose the Key Figures of your interest, such as ITD Planned Cost, ITD Planned Revenue, ITD Incurred Cost, Invoiced Revenue.
You notice that some rows display # - Not Assigned for the chosen attributes (such as Project, Project Task, Business Transaction, Sales Order, Customer) in the Key Figures columns, like ITD Planned Revenue, ITD Incurred Costs.
Currently, the Project Cost and Revenue by Project report cannot fully generate consistent data when the Project Status selection field is either empty or is maintained as # - Not Assigned. Instead, it shows every transaction available in the involved data sources, such as FINCACB01 (Cost Center - Line Items) or FINPRFU24 (Sales Ledger Line Items). The project will then also show not project related values which possibly can cause a distorted report result.
To view data not related to projects use reports based on the data sources FINCACB01 and FINPRFU24, filtering for the characteristics of your choice (such as G/L Account, Business Transaction, Customer).The Project Cost and Revenue by Project report is not reliable for this purpose.
The Project Cost and Revenue by Project report can currently only be used when selecting an actual Project status (such as 1- In Planning, 5-Started, 3- Released, 3- Stopped, 6- Completed, 4 - Closed).
Project Cost and Revenue; not project based data; #; Not Assigned; not project related data; FINCACB01; FINPRFU24; FINCACU04_Q0003 , KBA , project cost and revenue , # , fincacb01 , not assigned , not project based data , not project related data , finprfu24 , fincacu04_q0003 , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To