When you try to Account Mass Change for Sales Data of selected Accounts, system throws below error message:
Sales Data: Instance with the same key already exists
Note: You are assigning Sales Organization/Distribution Channel to the Accounts using Mass Change. This can be performed by using Remove from Worklist in Step 1.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Account Management work center.
- Select Mass Change Account Data under Common Tasks.
- In the find text box enter '*' to display all Accounts.
- Select Add to Worklist button and choose All Accounts and select Next button.
- In Step 2 (Change Accounts), select Show and choose Sales Data from Dropdown.
- Enter values for Sales Organization and Distribution Channel in the Mass Change row.
- Select Apply Mass Change button and choose All Accounts.
- Select Finish button.
The cause for the issue is that there are some Accounts which already have a Sales Organization/Distribution Channel assigned to it.
Please performone of the following workarounds as per the requirement:
1. As a workaround, you can do Mass Change only for the Accounts, for which Sales Organization/Distribution Channel is not assigned.
2. Follow the steps below to Mass Change all accounts:
a) Go to Mass Data Maintenance workcenter.
b) Export all data for the relevant accounts from the system.
c) Make the required changes in the CSV file.
d) Upload the CSV file again.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , Product Enhancement