R3trans version 6.24 (from 12.05.14 – 20:14:05) or higher, contains an improvement that considerably reduces the number of unnecessary warnings in the transport protocol, since it no longer shows a warning if an object does not contain any enhancement implementation that is original in the current system. Moreover the message which is written into the protocol has been changed with that version:
Enhancement implementation of <OBJECT> may need adjustment - please call transaction SPAU_ENH.
When you modify any object that can be enhanced, system will always check its enhancements. This process basically follows the procedure below:
- Modified object is included in the transport request;
- Transport request is exported only with the modified object. For instance, a simple report (R3TR PROG);
- This request is selected to be imported to the next system;
- Import process start;
- System will then check if there is any enhancement related to imported program. In case imported program is a LIMU object like an include, then system should check if there are enhancements to its main program;
- Once enhancements are identified, then all of them are considered candidate to be displayed in SPAU_ENH
- If the program identifies candidates to SPAU_ENH, the message below is expected in import log file:
The actual check whether a potentially affected enhancement implementation will show up in SPAU_ENH is done in a separate step that is part of the daily running job EU_REORG. This means that SPAU_ENH will display the objects with a certain time delay.
Hence enhancement implementations will not show up in SPAU_ENH for the following two reasons:
- The implementations have not yet been evaluated by the EU_REORG job. If you want to make sure that there are no pending enhancement implementations which may be displayed the next day, you can execute the report ENH_SAPRUPGM, or start the adjustment preparation directly in SPAU_ENH:
It has turned out during the evaluation that nothing has to be adjusted. In particular, this is the case for all unmodified enhancement implementations delivered by SAP. In this case, the warning in the protocol can be ignored.
SAP NetWeaver release-independent
Conflict, MLSR, Enhancement object, SPAU_ENH, TW000, Import, TR, Warning message , KBA , BC-DWB-TOO-ENH , Enhancement Tools , BC-DWB-TOO , Workbench Tools: Editors, Painter, Modeler , BC-ABA , ABAP Runtime Environment - ABAP Language Issues Only , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.