You are unable to post a supplier invoice because of an exception: Postings not Permitted for the Project Task.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
Select New Invoice without Purchase Orders in Common Tasks.
Enter all mandatory details.
Choose Save. You get the error: Postings not Permitted for the Project Task.
You cannot post a supplier invoice against a project XYZ with status Closed or Hold.
The closed project XYZ against which you want to post the supplier needs to be open. To revoke the closure of the closed project XYZ follow the below steps:
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Projects view.
- Select the Project XYZ and choose Edit -> Project Plan.
- Go to the Basic Data subt ab and check the Project Status field which should be set to Closed .
- Select the dropdown arrow of the Project Status field and select Revoke Closure.
- Select the Save button.
- Now you can post the supplier invoice. The status will change to Posted.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To