- Using the Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to build an application results in the error:
"The type or namespace name 'CrystalDecisions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
- SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
- Visual Studio 2010
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a TFSBuild Project that uses Crystal Reports
- Queue the New Build from Team Explorer | Builds | Project MyApp
- Missing references
- Crystal Reports DLLS's are not available on TFS build server
- Copy the Crystal Reports assemblies used in the project to the applicaiton root directory (Where the .sln file exists)
- Create a new folder "BuildAssemblies" in the solution
- Add the all dlls in the folder from step 1 above
- Check in all the dlls' from "BuildAssemblies"
- Queue new build from Team Explorer | Builds |Project MyApp
CR2010 2010 CR4VS2010 CR4VS VS2010 NET2010 Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0 crforvs 13 team foundation server , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem