- When trying to combine two data sets using "Merge" icon on the toolbar, the radio-button to use the function is greyed-out and inaccessible.
- A warning is shown to the user: "not a unique column".
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Lumira
Reproducing the Issue
- Add a second dataset to the .svid document
- Try and merge the target dataset with the lookup dataset
- Select a field on which to match the values
- The ID in the 'lookup dataset' isn't unique.
The 'lookup' feature works like Excel's, the reference column needs to be unique.
If the ID column has duplicate entries like this:
... then the Merge feature will not be possible.
However, if you adapt your dataset so that the ID is like:
... then the functionality works as expected.
unavailable , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , How To