- Unable to launch the Dashboard Design
- The following error message is displayed
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information"
- You may get this error also:
- SAP Dashboard Design 4.0 SP04 & SP05
- SAP Dashboards 4.1
- Microsoft Office 2010.
Reproducing the Issue
- Install SAP Dashboard Design 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 on a Windows seven machine.
- Run/Launch the Dashboard Design.
- User Account Control (UAC) is enabled in Windows 7 and/or incorrect installation of Microsoft Visual C++
- Uninstall SAP Dashboards
- Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable
- Configure User Account settings (UAC) as follows:
a. Go to Start -> Run menu, type msconfig and click on OK.
b. In the System Configuration window go to Tools tab, select ‘Change UAC Settings’ and click on Launch.
c. Change setting to ‘Never notify’ and click on OK.
4. Restart the machine.
5. Install the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime from the Dashboard Install directory:
6. Re-install SAP Dashboard
7. You are now able to launch Dashboard Design successfully
Note: After a successful run of the Dashboard Design you can set the value for the UAC parameter as it was.
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect, Dashboards, launch, start , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem