- Unable to see folders.
- Unable to see the folders under the 'Enterprise Items' for particular user from 'Repository Explorer' in Crystal Report.
- What are the user rights to be able to view folders under 'Enterprise Items' from the Repository Explorer in Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Report 2011
- SAP Crystal Report 2013
- SAP Crystal Report 2016
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Start Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "View", select "Repository Explorer"
The "Repository Explorer" pane will generally appears on the right side.
- In the "Repository Explorer" toolbar, click on "Logon" to connect to the SAP BusinessObjects Repository.
- Enter your SAP BusinessObjects BI Server to connect to, and the user name and passwoprd.
- Once connected, expand the "Enterprise Items"
- Notice there is no folders, or any items under "Enterprise Items", despite we are expecting to see a list of folders.
- The list of folder will not display for the following reasons:
- The user does not have rights to see the folders on the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform; or
- The "Everyone" group does not have the right "View objects that the user owns" for the top-level Personal Folders.
- In the Central Management Console (CMC) add rights for the user to view the folders, and also, ensure the Everyone group right: "View objects that the user owns" is granted. To add this specific right to the everyone group:
- Login to Central Management Console (CMC) using the Administrator account.
- Go to: "Personal Folders"
- Under the menu "Manage ", select "Top level Security - All Personal Folders"
- If you are prompted by "You have chosen to set security for the top-level folder", click "OK"
- In the "User Security" window, select "Everyone" group and click "Assign security"
- In the "Assign Security" window, select the "Advanced" tab.
- Then click on "Add/Remove Rights"
- In "Add/Remove Rights", under "General", grant the right: "View objects that the user owns"
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
CR, Authorizations, Rep Explorer , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016