You have completed the outbound logistics process for a product ID using serial numbers, (a registered product has been created for product in the system already) and have created the outbound delivery for it. Now, while confirming another warehouse task for the same product ID with the same serial number, the system allows to confirm the execution without any issues.
You do not want the system to take the same serial number and do the confirmation for the product which has been shipped already and you want to know how to avoid this.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Task Control view.
- Select the relevant task ID and choose the Confirm button.
- In the opened window, go to the Serial Numbers tab.
- In the Next Serial Number field, enter the serial number ID for example say SN_001 and select Enter button.
- The system updates one quantity value under the Actual Quantity column.
- Choose Save button and close the window.
- Now, open another warehouse task ID for the same product and perform the steps as above.
- Use the same serial number for confirmation, you could see that system adds the quantity value without any issues.
Only the Serial Number Profile Mandatory on all Logistics & Production Processes ensures the uniqueness of the Serial Number for a product in the inventory. If you have selected other Serial Number Profile, the system will allow you to enter the same Serial Number more than once.
It is possible to use the same serial number for the outbound process,In the current release of SAP Business ByDesign other than Serial Number profile "Mandatory on all Logistics & Production Processes".
System allows to Use the Same Serialized label More than Once During Warehouse Execution, system to take the same serial number and do the confirmation for the product which has been shipped already and you want to know how to avoid this. , KBA , same serial number used , serial number , AP-SLP-REQ , Site Logistics Request , How To