- Crystal Reports crash.
- Clicking on next page of a report causes Crystal Reports to stop working.
- When navigating through the pages of a report in Crystal Reports designer, it terminate the application unexpectedly, if the report has conditionally suppressed sections.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Create a group, and add a couple of database fields to the report.
- Conditionally suppress the sections of the report, and check the option keep together for the sections.
- Refresh the report.
- When navigating through the pages of the report, it causes Crystal Reports to unexpectedly terminate.
- This is a rare issue caused by a combination of the conditionally suppressed sections, size of the sections, the section formatting option "Keep together", and printer drivers.
- This is a known issue that has been logged under ADAPT01657757.
- The issue is resolved in the following updates of Crystal Reports:
- Crystal Reports 2011 - Support Pack 06 and above
- If you cannot apply a product update at this point and time, then it is possible in some instance to temporarily resolve the issue by slightly resizing the report section, or by changing the printer driver used for the report.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2001 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03