You create a Key Figure to display the Percentage however it only displays the character * in the Report.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center, view Design Key Figures.
- Click on New.
- Enter a key figure name and select the type Calculated Key Figure. Click on Next.
- Maintain a formula here that uses percentages, as well as other operands.
- Finish your key figure.
- Open a report based on the same data source as your key figure.
- Via Add Fields > tab Key Figures, add your key figure.
- Then go to Settings > Key Figures and add your key figure to the report view.
The key figure shows * in all entries.
In this specific percentage case, the reason behind the value * is because the system is trying to calculate two different units at the same time and as they are different units, the system cannot convert them and thus the value * is shown.
For example: you are calculating the percentage of hours and you have the following formula: "Actual Hours (h)" %A 100. In this case, the system will accept this formula as its syntax is correct. However, the result will be * as you are dealing with HOURS -> "Actual Hours (h)" and a NUMERICAL -> 100.
In order to correct this behavior, you need to use the operator NODIM.
NODIM stands for No Unit or Currency, which returns numeric values of the operand and suppresses units and currencies.
If we take, for example, the previous formula: "Actual Hours (h) %A 100" and use NODIM, we would suppress the hours unit, the calculation would flow normally and thus the result would be displayed correctly into the report.
The final formula would be:
NODIM("Actual Hours (h)") %A 100.
reporting, key figure, business analytics, wrong result, *, asterisk, star, percent, formula , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To