While creating a sales order the Payment Reference Type for the account is picked automatically but the Bank Account has to be entered manually. However, you are expecting both the fields to be populated automatically based on the customer account selected in the sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Show All Orders and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales order).
- Edit the sales order XYZ and choose the View All button.
- The Payment Reference Type field is picked automatically by the system, however the Bank Account field remain empty and you have to enter a value manually using value help.
If the SAP Business ByDesign system is scoped to use Payment Reference, a default Payment Reference Type is proposed when a new Sales Order is created.
Then the user has to select the bank account to which the payment should be received. This is a value help field which contains all bank accounts of the customer which can be used to receive ISR payments.
A defaulting for this field cannot be done, just because of the reason that there is no reliable logic to determine such a default bank account.
Showing the first one just does not make sense, as the user might overlook this field and post the sales order.
Also, such a defaulting would cause problems when the sales order is not going to be paid via ISR (e. g. Foreign business partner).
In that case the proposed bank account should be deleted manually which causes extra effort.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign system.
KBA , bank account esr , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To