The alternative approver for the purchase orders does not receive the approval tasks.
Reproducing the Issue
To verify the Defined Work Assignment for Employee Work Distribution, you can navigate that way:
- Go to the work center Organizational Management.
- Go to the view Work Distribution.
- Go to the sub-view Employee Work Distribution.
- Expand the section Business Area: Purchasing.
- Mark the Work Category Alternative Approver for Purchase Orders.
- Verify that the user is responsible for the approval of purchase orders.
You have activated the new activity Purchase Order Approvals in the work center Business Configuration. This activity enables the multi-steps approvals functionality for the purchase orders. That functionality renders obsolete the old employee work distribution rule for purchase orders.
If you use the new activity Purchase Order Approvals with multi-steps approvals, you must configure it correctly so that the user gets the approval tasks as before with the alternative approver feature. The new activity has a vast choice of Work Distribution Rules that will enable you to tweak the process as per your wish.
To open the activity Purchase Order Approval, follow these steps:
- Go to the work center Business Configuration.
- Go to the view Overview.
- Choose Show: Activities.
- Find Purchase Order Approvals.
- Choose View.
- Mark the entry: Default Approval Process for PO.
- Verify the Process Steps below.
- To change the settings, you need to click on Copy.
KBA , SRD-SRM-PRP , Product Portfolio , How To