- When trying to open the application, the initialization error shows: "Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine"
- SAP Lumira
- Windows client
Reproducing the Issue
- Right-click 'Run as Administrator' after a new installation
- The Path variable needs to be modified to include the JAVA_HOME variable
- Go to Control Panel > Java > Java Control Panel > Java tab > View > User > Path. Check the location, for example: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe
- Go to Advanced System Properties
- Environment Variables > System Variables
- Look for the 'Path' variable. It should point the following location (correct folder path as above in #1): C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin
- In the same area, look for the 'JAVA_HOME' variable. It should point to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6 (correct as above if not)
- NOTE: This KBA was written for SAP Visual Intelligence.
The KBA is being maintained for background information that may be useful for troubleshooting issues with SAP Lumira.
eclipse , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , BI-RA-PA , Predictive Analytics , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0