For a product and planning area combination, the current demand is more than the available supply, but MRP is not creating and planning proposal. Also it is not showing any error/warning message.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supply Planning work center.
- Select Products View.
- Show All Products By Selection and find product ID XYZ.
- Highlight the product and choose Open button.
- Sales Order are visible in the Supply and Demand List and Demand is greater than receipts.
- Now to run MRP, choose Run Planning > Multi BoM Level.
- System is not creating planning proposal.
In the master data for this product you have maintained Demand Management Procedure as ADRF-All demand reduce forecast. In this procedure, only forecast will be considered as demand. No other demand like dependent demand or actual demand like sales order will be considered. In the Product Planning Details screen, you can also see that such demand will not be reflected in the projected stock.
In order to resolve the issue please change the correct Demand Management Procedure, you can select between four options:
- ADRF - All demand reduce forecast
- ATOS_CPC - All demand consumes current forecasts
- ATOS_MPC - All demand consumes preceding forecasts
- ATOS_SPC - All demand consumes adjacent forecasts
To change the Demand Management Procedure:
- Go to the Product Data work center.
- Select the Materials view.
- Search for the relevant product.
- Select the searched product and choose Edit button.
- In the material screen, choose View All button.
- Go to Planning tab. Here select the appropriate Demand Management Procedure from the drop-down.
no supply created for demand, MRP error, MRP not creating proposal for sales order, MRP not creating production order for demand , KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To