You want to clear open payable documents employing the journal entry voucher functionality. As an offsetting transaction your are creating a journal entry voucher of the type Manual Entry for Accounts Payable referencing the offsetting payables document (e.g.: supplier invoice). After posting the Journal Entry Voucher your expectation is that the referenced item is cleared. However, the item is still showing as open in the supplier's account monitor.
Reproducing the Issue
- In work center General Ledger open the sub-view Journal Entry Vouchers under Journal Entries.
- Press New and open a new journal entry voucher.
- As Journal Entry Type choose Manual Entry for Accounts Payable.
- As Screen Variant choose Manual Adjusting Entry for Accounts Pay.
- Type in appropriate parameters for G/L Account, Debit/Credit and the respective Supplier.
- Choose the Source Document ID of the open item and the corresponding Source Document Type (e.g.: Supplier Invoice).
- After adding at least one more balancing line you post the journal entry voucher.
The journal entry voucher functionality is not intended for the use of clearing open payables/receivables documents. Even when referencing open payables/receivables documents in Manual Entries for Accounts Payables/Receivables those entries do not clear those documents (e.g.: open invoices) but rather serve as adjustments in the context of period ending activities.
Use the conventional clearing options for open payables/receivables in the account monitor e.g.: clearing against payments. In case of deviating business scenarios choose the option of applying 'New Credit/Charge' of several types in order to clear open items.
- Go to work center Payables.
- Choose Supplier Accounts under the view Suppliers and select the desired supplier account.
- Via View you can list Open Items under the tab Trade Payables - Invoices / Payments.
- Highlight the respective open item(s) and press New Charge/Credit.
- Apply the corresponding debit/credit entries against the payable item.
KBA , payables , receivables , journal entry voucher , clearing , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To