You have created a customized report based on the Employee Times data source and the report times out once you execute it.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Open your customized report.
- Click on Go.
The report will run for a while and an exception will be shown.
The cause of such behavior is that the report is pulling the entire data from the Employee Times data source and therefore it causes a time out exception.
You have to minimize the amount of data that the report pulls.
To do so, you need to insert the time-frame characteristic controller, known as Key Date.
The following steps guide you to make this characteristic mandatory in your report:
- Go to Business Analytics work center.
- Go to Design and Assign reports view.
- Select your report and click on Edit With -> Report Wizard.
- On the new screen, advance until step 3 - Characteristics.
- Tick the box at Selected Column for the Key Date characteristic.
- Click on Next.
- On Step 4, select Key Date and change the Value Selection column from No Value Selection to Using Variable and click on Next.
- On Step 5, tick the box at Mandatory column and click on Finish.
This will insert the Key Date characteristic into your report and you will be able to manage the Time Frame. As a consequence you will be able to check on the results of your report.
employee times, time out, internal server error, memory, key date, time series, reporting, business analytics , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To