This issue is still under investigation but I wanted to document what we know so far so that customers and engineers could match their symptoms to this issue to enable them to follow our progress to resolution though this KBA.
- Two Model Builders access PCM via a shared Terminal Server.
- Separately, each Model Builder can view their grid(s) during time periods that don’t overlap and the performance of Model Builder and the rate at which the grid values populate the cells is normal.
- However, if the two Model Builders try to view their grids at the same time then one or both of the Model Builders will “lock/freeze” possibly with black areas on the screen,, see image below:
- The PCM Applications Server will have low CPU utilisation, usually equating to about 100% of a single core spread across all available cores/CPUs.
- After a while the screen will return to normal and the grid will show “Collecting Data” in the bottom left hand corner. This will continue forever and the rest of the values never materialise.
- During this state the CPU utilisation on the PCM Applications Server is about 0% so apparently nothing appears to be happening.
- There is nothing of interest relating to this issue in the PCM Applications Server Windows Application Event Logs.
- During this state, if the Model Builder user tries to access any other option from the Model Builder menu then a dialog-box will pop-up saying “The PCM Main User Interface has stopped working”. At this point the user has no alternative but to terminate the Model Builder application leaving their PCM user account still logged into the PCM system.
- SAP BusinessObjects Profitability and Cost Management 7.5 (PCM)
- SAP BusinessObjects Profitability and Cost Management 10.0 (PCM)
- Model Builders accessing the PCM system via a shared Microsoft Terminal Server
KBA , EPM-PCM-MOD , Model Builder , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.