- When creating a new fixed asset you notice the following:
- 'No items found' under Fixed Asset Class box.
- The error message 'Valid fixed asset class missing, enter valid fixed asset class' is displayed.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Choose New Fixed Asset under Common Tasks.
- In the New Fixed Asset screen, enter the Fixed Asset Description.
- Specify the Company XYZ (XYZ represents the Company ID).
Note: The Fixed Asset Class dropdown menu shows the message 'No items found'.
Note: The error message 'Valid fixed asset class missing, enter valid fixed asset class' is displayed.
The Fixed Asset Class on the Fixed Asset creation screen is based on the Valuation Views assigned in the 'Fixed Asset Classes' fine-tune activity. All the Valuation Views assigned to all the Set of Books of the Company XYZ need to be assigned in this activity and be active.
To fix the issue and successfully create the fixed asset, please follow the steps below:
A) Steps to check the Valuation Views assigned to the Set of Books for Company XYZ.
Note: If the Company XYZ uses more than one Set of Books you need to assign all Valuation Views of all Set of Books.
- Go to the Business Configuration workcenter.
- Go to the Implementation projects view.
- Open the Activity List.
- Open the Integrate and Extend phase.
- Open the activity called 'Set of Books'.
- Select the Set of Books that is assigned to the Company XYZ.
- Click Edit.
- Open the Fixed Asset Settings tab.
Note: You can see Valuation Views and check if they are on Active status.
B) Steps to maintain the relevant Valuation Views for the Fixed Asset Class that you want to use when creating the new fixed asset:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects.
- Open the Activity List.
- Open the Fine-Tune phase.
- Open the 'Fixed Asset Classes' activity.
- Click the 'Edit fixed asset classes' hyperlink.
- Select the relevant Fixed Asset Class.
- Open the Default Valuation Settings tab.
- Click the Add row button.
- Enter the relevant Valuation Views, the Valuation Views that are assigned to the Set of Books for Company XYZ.
- Maintain all other relevant data.
- Click the Save and Close button.
You are now able to select the Fixed Asset Class dropdown list when creating new fixed assets.
Fixed Asset, Class, New, Creation, Error, Valid, Maintain, Missing, Valuation View, Business Configuration, Company , KBA , fixed asset , activate fixed asset class , fixed asset class missing , save fixed asset , fixed asset class not available , #### , ###### , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To